No Hassle Coconut Laddu

The much awaited Diwali has finally arrived. For me the three words that sum up the spirit of this season is festivities, laughter and good food. It just occurred to me how closely our festivals and rituals are associated with certain foods. For example at Holi we make certain sweets that have come to be associated with the particular festival. Every time I see Gujiyas I am reminded of Holi. 

Similarly with Diwali I automatically think of Gulab-Jamuns and Coconut Laddu. 





For those of us who are too lazy to even think of making any sweets at home and prefer to buy them from the market, I would strongly recommend my coconut laddus. They are surprisingly easy to make, taking barely 30 minutes from start to finish (in my family's case finishing refers to the last of the laddus!)

The main reason is that they are mmm....mmmm so delicious! 

Coconut Laddu



200 gm desiccated coconut + little extra for coating
200 gm (1/2 can) condensed milk 
1 tsp green cardamon power
Pistachio slices - optional (for garnish)

Roast the desiccated coconut in a pan till light brown. Remove from the pan into a big bowl. While still warm mix in the condensed milk and green cardamom powder.

Make smalls balls and roll in desiccated coconut. Garnish with pistachio slices.

Easy to make - aren't they?

I hope this Diwali adds to the sparkles and brightness of your life. Have a very safe and happy Diwali.


And ... do try these quick coconut ladoos for that extra little bit of sweetness that everybody needs in their lives.

Comments

Popular Posts